The public and private sectors alike stand to gain significantly when FSS is operational.
Driving Public and Local Communities
- Less traffic congestion.
- Improved safety.
- Dramatically lower emissions and pollution.
- Enhanced local economic activity and connectivity.
- New technology = new job descriptions.
Taxpayers and State Transportation Agencies
- Reduced damage to roads & bridges = less highway maintenance.
- Privately funded infrastructure expansion without cost to taxpayer.
- Public-private partnership opportunities to provide long-term return-on-investment to the public.
- Payment for air space rights within right-of-way = revenue back to government.
- Lower prices on goods achieved through more efficient shipping practices.
- Opportunity for a new, more efficient business model.
- Lower shipping cost.
- Fewer delays/less waste.
- Fewer and lighter assets.
- Opportunity to reallocate resources to shorter hauls.
- Lower cost.
- Higher schedule reliability/dependability.
- Faster service.
- Better/new connections between economic centers.
- Reduced risk of damage, vandalism, and theft.
- Lowered emissions via electric rather than diesel power.
- Minimum carbon footprint using existing right-of-way.